The club is looking for expressions of interest to attend Mountain Bike RSRs (regional schools of racing) in 2018.
For 2018, we (the club) need to nominate club members who wish to attend MTB RSRs to the Talent Development Coach for MTB, who will then make a decision on which riders are selected.
For those unfamiliar with what they are, RSRs are part of the BC rider development pathway and are targeted, high quality, coached sessions for riders who are performing well and showing promise in club and regional competitions.
The selection criteria for 2018 is as follows:
1) Riders must have competed in at least one regional or national Mountain Bike Cross Country Race. Some examples of this type of race include, Mud Sweat and Gears Series, Midlands MTB Series, North East MTB Series and Crank It MTB Series. (This is not an exhausted list). NB: Southern XC is not included in the supplied list, but would count.
2) Regularly rides their mountain bike.
3) Attends MTB coaching sessions
4) Has a passion for MTB and wishes to progress in the sport
5) Can track stand
6) Can take their rear wheel out and put it back in un-assisted
7) Must be born in 2002, 2003 and 2004. We will consider very exceptional girls aged birth year 2005*.
8) Must be eligible for a British Passport and be from British Cycling English regions.
If you feel you meet the criteria, and would like to be considered for MTB RSRs, please email me directly by 14th January. We will then evaluate all expressions of interest, and put forward any suitable riders for selection.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with me directly.
PPV MTB lead coach